Thursday, October 13, 2011

SCARVES AND A PERFECT ROSE

My friend, J and I have been knitting red and blue for the 2012 Winter Special Olympics.  Here are our four scarves, labeled and ready to be mailed to Bend, Oregon.  I'm excited to send them off and pleased that J has joined me in knitting.  She's now knitting scarves for her adult twin daughters.  Lucky girls to have a mom that knits.
I'm continuing to knit pink for the Eagles Christmas Bazaar.  They make a special place for my pink scarves so the when sold the money goes toward breast cancer research.  I hope to have a least four pink scarves - the Bazaar is next month.  knit -knit-knit. 


This scarf and the previous pink scarf are knit in Sensations - Rainbow Boucle. The pattern came from my new knitting book:The Complete Photo Guide to KNITTING.  It's called Airy Garter Stitch.  I doubled the yarn and used size 11 needles.  Yarn and book were purchased at JoAnn's.

     Cast on an even number of stitches
     Rows 1 - 4: knit
     Row 5 (RS): *K1, yo twice, rep from *, end k1.
     Row 6: Knit across row dropping the extra wraps.
     Rep Rows 1 - 6 for pattern.


I'm taking my knitting with me tomorrow when husband K has arthroscopic knee surgery.  There will be plenty of sitting time for me while waiting. 

Perfection.  There aren't many things more beautiful than this rose from D's garden.  I just had to share it.  I would like to hug the person who invented the digital camera.  I took this photo half an hour ago and here it is for everyone to see.

I'm going to be substitute teaching at ECHS in a couple of weeks and will have camera with me.  There is so much to see on the way there, an hour's drive from home.  Hopefully, it won't be raining, but then that adds drama.

That's it from sunny Northern California.  Knit and crochet on!

No comments:

Post a Comment