Monday, August 5, 2019

JANUARY 2017


        I'm publishing this post two years after I created it.  I'm returning to my blog after a long lay off.  I had some trouble getting back in, but as usual, reading the instructions in Blogger Help, I'm back and so happy to have found all that I had published.  It's a record of much of my knitting and our gardening. I'm still knitting, the garden is flourishing, and I plan to post more.  So here's a little about Christmas knitting 2017.

 Christmas knitting for little girl gift baskets for the Eagles Aerie Auxiliary kept me busy for a few weeks.  Knitting hats and scarves can take time that I didn't have, until I found bulky yarn in my stash and a knit-flat pattern for the hats.  I can knit in the round, but find knitting with double-point size 13 needles to be frustrating.  I took the projects with me while being a substitute at Elk Creek Jr/Sr High School in order to keep up the work.  Kids there now expect to see knitting in progress when I'm there and some have asked that I teach them how to knit. The scarves came together easily using an easy rib pattern or just knitting every row adding a few stripes or by letting the variegated yarn do its thing.  


You can find the hat pattern here: 
http://www.gina-michele.com/2015/01/3-hour-chunky-ribbed-hat-knitting.html



I've been told the hats and scarves were a hit and appreciated by parents and kids both.  Now that I know about this Christmas tradition, I will add this knitting to my list of projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment