Tuesday, August 6, 2019

MAKING


      Even though I haven't been Blogging these past two years, I have been knitting and crocheting. Always.  Often my knitting is for a cause like the Special Olympics or the Red Scarf Project. But knitting for this little person, Kingston-Axel Hodge has given me the best reason to knit. The pilot's cap keeps his head warm but also holds his hearing aid and glasses in place.  The booties are just to keep toes warm. 
     Kingston-Axel has a genetic disorder calle KBG syndrome, a rare disorder that affects several body systems.  "KBG" represents the surname initials of the first families diagnosed with the disorder.  Common signs and symptoms in individuals with this condition include facial features, skeletal abnormalities, and intellectual disability.   
     Kingston-Axel is a sweet little boy with a large loving family.  You can see his progress first hand on Facebook. Look for: Kingston-Axel’s journey through life   
     


     I also saw the call for wildlife rescue nests - knit or crochet.  I chose crochet - so much easier than trying to knit round things.  Enjoyable to make.  I made a dozen and sent them off to The Carolina Waterfowl Rescue Group.  Thinking about making some larger baskets for myself now that I know I can.



     I've also been making a few baby blankets.  I had two large skeins of blue and white yarn so I worked about a design using "grandma's favorite wash cloth pattern" that starts at a corner increasing to a preferred size, then decreasing to the opposite corner.  I like the way I worked the stripe pattern.  Had enough yarn to crochet a border. 


More knitting to come.  Will try to include the sources of patterns I used.  It's important to give credit to knitting designers who often share patterns for free.  

minipurl

No comments:

Post a Comment