Monday, August 26, 2019

PASSION


     Passion: the emotion a carpenter bee exhibits as it buries itself into the passion flowers growing on our front porch arbor.  Bees and orange butterflies find these flowers irresistible. The vines are thick with buds and when they open I'll have more pictures to share.  I'm amazed by the complex structure of this flower. 

      As much as I enjoy knitting, I'd say it's my passion.  I also enjoy thrift store shopping and when I find some lovely yarn I get excited about its possibilities.  Last week at Goodwill I found two big bags of wool and wool blend yarns some in whole skeins others in smaller bundles. SCORE! as the clerk said.  Traditionally, the pattern comes first then the yarn to make the pattern.  But starting with the yarn and finding a pattern or creating one yourself is a challenge I enjoy.  In this bag of yarn, I found three skeins of Berroco Duo (now discontinued) 98% wool, 2% nylon.  So I made a scarf - a long one in garter stitch which is knit every row.  The color change is in the yarn and to show it off I kept the stitches simple. So cool. 


    The scarf is about 5 x 65 inches. Had enough for fringe.  


      Yellow iris popped up in the middle of the garden.  Not sure how she got there since other irises are in the back against the fence.  She must be a rebel and found a place where she could be the center of attention. 

     "Kingston-Axel’s journey through life" on Facebook
KBG Foundation

minipurl 


No comments:

Post a Comment