Thursday, July 14, 2011

BEARS TO GO


What a lovely morning.  It's coolish this morning which makes life so much easier than double digit July temperatures. Fred and Ethel are ready to be shipped to the Mother Bear Project.  They were so easy to knit - I encourage other knitters and crocheters to give bears a try.  I'm on to my next project, the Red Scarf Project.  I'll give you more information when the scarf is finished.  Not only is it a cool morning, but a surprising one, also.  I was up until 1:00 am (surprised me when I looked at the clock) reading PLAINSONG by Kent Haruf, so far a good book. I staggered out of bed at 9:30 am and went to the door to let in Spaz, but he was already in his not so secret sleeping place. 

On the front porch I found a huge plastic bag full of yarn.  I don't know who left it there, but I've got my suspicions.  I will find out and thank them profusely. It's so exciting to get new yarn because the potential for projects is endless.  For those of you who knit or crochet, I recommend two of my favorite web sites for free patterns: Ravelry at: http://www.ravelry.com/ and Knitting Pattern Central, http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/index.php which has a sister site called Crochet Pattern Central.  Yarn companies like Lion Brand also have free patterns.  Even if you don't knit or crochet you would have to appreciate the work done by knitters and crocheters here and in other countries, and by the yarn being spun and dyed by hand.  It's amazing.  I'm thrilled with my new yarns and can't wait to dig into the bag.

Again, I've spent the morning writing this blog, and I'm having a great time doing so.  Purl had a rough night chasing bugs and is totally zonked out on my bed.  I haven't heard much from the dogs either.  Cool weather makes a person or critter want to curl up and take a nap. Until next time, happy knitting.
 
Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment