Saturday, July 2, 2011

LITTLE GIRL POCKET SCARF AND HAT

Here they are - the pinkie pink scarf and hat for a little girl.  I used Caron Dazzleaire in coral (looks pink to me) and size 9 needles for the scarf which is 49 inches in length before turning up the pockets at 4 1/2 inches.  I started and ended with 1 inch of k2, p2 ribbing with the remainder of the scarf in garter stitch (knit every row). The hat is knit flat and then seamed based on Bev's "Josh" Beanie Cap, found here: http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/josh-beanie.html
I was looking for a cap pattern knit in garter stitch and "Josh" Beanie was close.  I started with size 7 needles and knit k2, p2 ribbing for five rows and then changed to size 8 needles for the remainder of the hat in garter stitch.  The pockets and the hat are embellished with knitted hearts (one of my favorite shapes) sewn on with the pink, but flowers, buttons, embroidery could just as easily take their place. I wish I could see who ever wears this.

Last week I took a drive to Elk Creek to pick up some things from the school and to have a chat with the office staff to catch up on what's been happening.  Elk Creek is a very small rural community an hour's drive from where I live (this gives you an idea about my commute for many years).  There are elk in the hills, but the creek that runs through the town is Stony Creek and across it is an old bridge no longer usable (we drove across it when I first started working there), but it is a beautiful landmark.  The creek is cool and inviting, nothing like the winter when it can be treacherous and often floods the roads. 

Believe it or not, kids jump off this bridge to a pool below. 

 I'll finish this blog with some colors of the garden. Our plants are thriving now that the summer heat is on us and they're getting plenty of water from the garden hose.  Hope to have a red tomato soon. Knit on!



No comments:

Post a Comment