Wednesday, August 10, 2011

QUIET AUGUST DAY.

     School started today here in Chico.  I've noticed how quiet our street is without kids walking their dogs, riding bikes and skateboards, and no Mika across the street trying to keep his little dog out of the street - Bad Dog, or getting his hula hoop out of the tree.  I've completed a few knitting projects and try to knit every day.  So many ideas to try.  This cat bed is crochet, however, and as you can see Minipurl barely fits in - Spaz tries to sleep in it but just hangs over the side.  They both sleep on it rather than in it.


Speaking of Spaz - he came home with tip of his tail highly wounded- missing skin and a lot of hair.  Even though he's fixed, he still manages to get in tiffs with the neighborhood cats, coming home with bites usually on his neck.  But this time he must have been running for his life.


After a couple of days hiding under the bed, he came out, had a snack and took up his usual position near me as I work at my computer. 

       My latest small projects are Fishy Fish Bathmitts.  I'm also adding the very traditional Grandma's Favorite Wash Cloth, just a smaller version.  These and a few more will go to the Eagles Christmas sale in November.  The pattern can be found on Ravelry, here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fishy-fish-washcloth-and-bathmitt  I'm also working on a baby blanket for a friend I've known since she was six years old.  She's 20 now and expecting her first baby which is due in April, so I have a plenty of time to get it done. I'll post a photo when I'm done.
Old pots have a new life.  Two racu pots I made in a ceramics class at Butte Community College now house succulents.  Neither pot holds water so they're perfect - plenty of drainage.  I ventured into the garden looking for pickable produce and was happy to find tomatoes starting to turn red.  I would have lemon cucumbers in the picture but they were eaten before I could put them in.  

I also found future pumpkins.  Here's one I was able to reach, sort of.  There are many more just starting to turn orange.  They'll be ready for Halloween and pumpkin pie.

Also hidden are four acorn squash which are considered a winter squash like the Hubbard squash.  We're sharpening the cleaver for them or maybe the chain saw will have to do. 


    More knitting and gardening in the next blog.  Keep on knitting.  GG

No comments:

Post a Comment