Tuesday, August 30, 2011

CRAZYNESS COMES IN THREES!

We've made it through this last week tired, but not down.  Actually, we're cool now.  The AT & T repairman arrived on the day after my last blog apologizing for missing the date he was supposed arrive citing the massive work he's had to do setting up all the new college students.  I forgave him - I just wanted my Internet working.  So far so good until Spaz with the damaged tail appeared sick.  I felt his body and there on his rump was a huge soft lump about the size of a softball that told me he had more than a wounded tail.  So off to the vet he went for an exam and surgery to drain the yuck that had accumulated in a cat bite puncture.  What can I say, I'm sure it was gross.  The vet tech said it was the most she'd ever seen.  The vet also cut off the wounded part of his tail because bone was exposed.  That evening Spaz came home with drainage tubes in his rear and stitches in his sorter tail, and several days worth of pain meds. 
Talk about no dignity here.
The plastic cone on his head was to keep him from bothering his wounds, but it only lasted a day, he kept working it off.  He was a total goof for several days, started feeling a lot better, and the vet took out the drainage tubes today.  Next week the stitches come out of his tail.  He's dying to get outside at night, but isn't allowed to until next week.  I hope when he does go out, he stays out of trouble or runs faster.

On to the third event.  On Friday afternoon our AC stopped working.  This put us in crisis mode right away because we knew we would have to suffer a long, hot weekend before a repairman could come out.  And we did.  Even though we got out the electric fans, when it's 98 degrees it's just plain miserable.  Monday, hallelujah, the repair man arrived with his truck and ladder, and several hours later the AC was repaired and we began to revive.  The craziness had struck that week, but we're still standing.

On to the garden which is showing signs of ending its season.  The pumpkins are showing their color as are the sunflowers.  So I will share those with you.
A winter garden may be next after some research on how to create one.  No knitting to show this time.  I'm working on a scarf I call "Your boyfriend's scarf" - It will be in the next blog.  I'm also going to begin working on a yellow hat with zig-zag stripe which requires following a charted pattern which is new to me, so I'll be learning a new technique, hopefully. 

I felt a little autumn in the air last night.  Cooler, darker, the garden smells different.  See you in the next blog.  Knit and crochet onward.


No comments:

Post a Comment